Saturday, December 2nd 11am-7pm — Annual South End Holiday Stroll & Maker Pop-up
Saturday, December 2nd and Wednesday, December 6th walk the art galleries and boutiques in SOWA, to restaurants and shops on Tremont and Washington Streets, down to Harrison Avenue, through gift, jewelry and clothing stores, hair salons and barbershops, fitness and wellness studios, pet care and adoption facilities, places of worship, specialty food and wine shops. Scroll down to see a list of participating businesses.
We ahave curated two pop-up shops. They are located at 1365 Washington Street and 671 Tremont Street.
Festivities throughout the neighborhood include:
- Cathedral of the Holy Cross (10am-3pm) will have a Church Bazaar of handmade items created by parishioners, Montilio's Bakery will be selling baked goods, free petting zoo, food & drinks, Christmas trees, plants, holly & a wreath sale. Come visit Santa & Mrs. Claus and “Frozen” Characters. There will also be free tours of the Cathedral of the Holy Cross with organ music played throughout the day
- Blackstone Franklin Square Neighborhood Association is having their annual fundraiser selling Christmas Trees, Wreaths, Holly & Laurel on Sat. Dec. 2nd, 9am-noon. Come visit Santa Claus. Enjoy holiday music & a free pedicab that will peddle your purchases to your home. To preorder here. This fundraiser funds the upkeep of the two historic squares: Franklin & Blackstone Squares & other activities throughout the year.
- Maker Pop-up inside 671 Tremont Street and 1365 Washington Street which includes cider, cocoa and gift wrapping services (for a fee) provided by the Soccer Unity Project
- Neighborhood tree lightings, pedicab rides and Mayor Michelle Wu’s Enchanted Trolley Tour will be happening throughout the neighborhood.
- The SoWa Winter Festival returns to the Power Station on Harrison Ave. Fri. Nov. 24th - Sun. Dec. 17th. Thurs. - Sun. closed Monday & Wednesday . For your holiday shopping pleasure, we’ve assembled 100+ of the region’s best makers, artists, designers,& specialty vendors together under one festive roof for our 8th annual Winter Festival. Browse the main floor & enjoy delicious food & drinks & be sure to venture to 2nd floor for live music & entertainment! Also explore Thayer Street where there will be food trucks and a beer garden.
Wednesday, December 6th 4-9pm — Annual South End Holiday Shopping Night
It’s the most wonderful time of the year: The Annual South End Shopping Night! This one night only neighborhood event is Wednesday December 6th starting at 4pm. A fun and festive night of shopping, sipping and dining at your favorite South End spots to kick off the holiday season!
Thank you to our Sponsors:
Please check back often as we are continuing to add businesses as they send us their information. Also follow us on Instagram and Facebook where we will be highlighting participating store promotions.
South End Businesses
B and G Oysters
BRIX Wine Shop
Contouring by Kate
House of Culture
Dray Drinks LLC
Formaggio Kitchen South End
Fuji at Ink Block
HOUSE OF JAX
Hudson Interior Design
Jacobson Floral open til noon 12/2; shop online anytime
Michele Mercaldo Jewelry
MJ Berries Design
Recharge on Clarendon
SAULT New England
Skincare by Josefina
South End Community Health Center
South End Scene
SOWA Vintage Market
Stitch and Tickle
The Wine Emporium
Pop-up Shop Participants
Avanti Studios - Pre-register for a pet mini session here
Earl's Inspired Bags & Nova's Accessories
Friends of Blackstone School
Lucia Jewelry Boutique
NorthShore Crafting Boutique
New England Novelty
Simply Made Frills