Benjamin Franklin Cummings Institute of Technology (BFIT) is an affordable, urban, private, nonprofit college serving the Boston region and committed to student success and career readiness in technology fields. Through personalized support, hands-on learning, and industry-informed curricula, the college prepares graduates for work, life-long learning, and citizenship.
Our Vision and Core Values
BFIT’s vision is to be a best-in-class college that provides a supportive learning environment and offer innovative, practical and entrepreneurial education resulting in career-ready, productive and civically-engaged citizens.
We value our diverse community and the fostering of a supportive learning environment. We are committed to creating opportunity by working closely with industry and community partners to prepare our students for lifelong learning in an increasingly interdependent world. Our academic programs and co-curricular efforts reflect our commitment to the fundamental principles of an educated person. We value the following skills and attributes and actively promote their development through college-wide initiatives, so that each student:
- Possesses the technical skills to enter the workforce or go on to further education
- Demonstrates professionalism through leadership, a strong work ethic, and teamwork
- Communicates effectively both professionally and personally
- Utilizes critical thinking and various approaches to problem solving
- Possesses the lifelong skills to locate, evaluate and use information effectively
- Understands the impact of sustainable development
- Is globally and ethically responsible and civically engaged