Reasons why businesses and nonprofits get involved in SEBA
- "As a new business owner in the South End I became involved with SEBA a few months ago and have met some great new contacts at the monthly coffees. I found our insurance provider through SEBA's website."
- "SEBA has generated business for me through showcasing my shop in its Center Stage newsletter."
- "I like having our own page on the SEBA website and the fact that they'll send out announcements about our events."
- "SEBA has connected me with Business and Community leaders who can help grow my business."
- "A local nonprofit leader I met at a SEBA networking event has asked me to serve on its Board."
Dear Prospective Member,
Thank you for your interest in the South End Business Alliance (SEBA)!
The South End Business Alliance is a membership based organization whose mission is to organize and unify the voice of SEBA members and to promote a positive business climate in the South End. This is accomplished by:
- Promoting member businesses
- Sponsoring business education
- Fostering communication between businesses, residents, tourists and government
- Providing business networking opportunities
SEBA is a motivated "all volunteer" organization at the forefront of business and community development in the South End and the City of Boston. We accomplish our mission with the dedication and help of fellow business owners such as yourself.
As you know, our community is rich in diversity in terms of culture/arts, professional services, hospitality and retail establishments.We aim to maximize the visibility and success of all who participate.
We strive to intensely promote and network South End businesses to fellow South End business owners and residents, as well as the greater Boston community at large.
Our outreach includes a website, social media and numerous social and networking events designed to bring our community together for greater success and fun!
As you consider membership, please keep in mind you will get only as much out of your investment as you are willing to put in it. We will do our very best to fulfill our obligation to inform and encourage you to take advantage of the myriad benefits available to you as a member. Likewise, we hope that you will take the time to learn about all your benefits and participate as much as possible in our many Alliance activities including networking meetings, lectures, workshops, committee meetings and other special events so that you can help us succeed. We have highlighted many of the SEBA benefits below.
We believe that the South End community and strength will be achieved through the ideas and contributions of the individual business owners coming together in one collective voice.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 617-304-4421. We look forward to participating with you!
Add visibility and credibility to your business. You can cost-effectively market your business through SEBA in many ways:
- Free online directory listing on SEBA's website
- Host a networking event at your business
- Sponsor a SEBA event
- Leverage the SEBA Scoop emails to reach SEBA Members and friends of SEBA
Make new business contacts. Networking is still the main reason businesses join SEBA. Many opportunities enable you to meet potential customers, clients or vendors.
GAIN A VOICE IN THE GOVERNMENT
SEBA is your representative on the local, regional and state level. Your voice is heard on important regulatory, legislative and educational issues that directly affect your business. Previous guest speakers include; Speaker of the House, Sal DiMasi, State Representative Marty Walz
SEBA offers workshops and seminars to maximize your business potential, such as our Breakfast Speaker Series.
The SEBA insignia in your window communicates commitment to good business practices and a real concern about the future of our community.
Voice your opinions. Learn what others think and then work towards a common goal in committees, task forces and community groups. We encourage all new members to become involved in the numerous events throughout the year and believe that the South End community and strength will be achieved through the ideas and contributions of the individual business owners coming together in one collective voice.